It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 am Advanced search

$5K fine per Lambeau Leap?

Moderator: wisblue

$5K fine per Lambeau Leap?

Postby dsilby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 am

Maybe I'm coming late to the party or maybe I knew this and forgot.
But I don't remember knowing that the players get fined 5 grand every time they do a Lambeau Leap? That is absolutely ridiculous.
dsilby

Re: $5K fine per Lambeau Leap?

Postby Daubs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:39 am

dsilby wrote:Maybe I'm coming late to the party or maybe I knew this and forgot.
But I don't remember knowing that the players get fined 5 grand every time they do a Lambeau Leap? That is absolutely ridiculous.

By who?

The Lambeau Leap was grandfathered in as a legal celebration - mostly because it was seen as a celebration with the fans and not showing up an opponent.
Daubs

Postby jackpine » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:30 am

It was backup officials, who got soundly booed, they didnt call it after that
and,After their first touchdown at Friday night's intrasquad scrimmage, a slew of offensive players jumped into the first row of the crowd. Left guard T.J. Lang never gets to do this. On his leap, he says salsa was spilled over his back. Nobody wanted to hang onto him.
, nfl pick-em and 2013 draft contest winner and first loser in the GM contest
jackpine

Postby Striker » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 pm

The reason it's 'unsportsmanlike conduct' in that case is because it was multiple players doing the Leap, instead of just one.
Striker
Site Admin

Postby dsilby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Daubs wrote:
dsilby wrote:Maybe I'm coming late to the party or maybe I knew this and forgot.

By who?

The Lambeau Leap was grandfathered in as a legal celebration - mostly because it was seen as a celebration with the fans and not showing up an opponent.

Aaron Rodgers said yesterday that they were getting it out of their system now because it will be a 5K fine in the games.
dsilby

Postby dsilby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Here's the entire quote:

The replacement crew drew a rousing round of boos from the crowd for calling an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when several Packers did a "Lambeau Leap" into the stands after running back James Starks scored on the No. 1 offense's first drive.

"That's debatable, though," Rodgers said. "I talked to them. They weren't quite sure of that or not."

Even so, the team won't be pulling such stunts once the regular season starts.

"Obviously during the season that's a $5,000 fine for each of us that jumps in the stands, so we might as well get it in before the real games start," Rodgers said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z22bdJf2Wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dsilby

Postby Daubs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:31 pm

alstriker wrote:The reason it's 'unsportsmanlike conduct' in that case is because it was multiple players doing the Leap, instead of just one.

To call that during Family night, though? If there's one night to let something like that go...

Of course, I hope they won't be foolish enough to try that any time going forward.....
Daubs

Postby Daubs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 pm

dsilby wrote:Here's the entire quote:

The replacement crew drew a rousing round of boos from the crowd for calling an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when several Packers did a "Lambeau Leap" into the stands after running back James Starks scored on the No. 1 offense's first drive.

"That's debatable, though," Rodgers said. "I talked to them. They weren't quite sure of that or not."

Even so, the team won't be pulling such stunts once the regular season starts.

"Obviously during the season that's a $5,000 fine for each of us that jumps in the stands, so we might as well get it in before the real games start," Rodgers said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z22bdJf2Wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok - it'd be $5,000 per head because multiple players went in. If one player goes in, it's a legal celebration.
Daubs

Postby Striker » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Daubs wrote:
alstriker wrote:The reason it's 'unsportsmanlike conduct' in that case is because it was multiple players doing the Leap, instead of just one.

To call that during Family night, though? If there's one night to let something like that go...

Of course, I hope they won't be foolish enough to try that any time going forward.....

Replacement officials will do that.
Striker
Site Admin

Postby beer bum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

alstriker wrote:
Daubs wrote:

Replacement officials will do that.

Scabs....... :x
beer bum

Return to Packers and NFL Discussion