Rest of the NFL Week 1 - Official Gameday Thread

howardk4

Re: Rest of the NFL Week 1 - Official Gameday Thread

Postby howardk4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:58 pm

BigDee wrote:I stopped watching the game it was that bad.

it was so bad, I fell asleep - and I never fall asleep watching MNF!

dsilby

Postby dsilby » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm

matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:
dsilby wrote:I mean, this might be some of the worst announcing I've ever heard in my entire life in any sport.

+1....holy hell they are bad.

You CAN NOT make this up, holy hell is right.

Read the comments, they are classic.

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/907440383499685888

I turned on the game literally 30 seconds before his "report" and though it was a fan from the stands contest or something.

That said, I actually think the two announcing the game (whoever they were, never saw and don't care enough to look it up) were worse. How about next year for the second Monday night game we just go announcer free. Has to be better right?

It would be very "homer" and probably wouldn't work. But maybe using the home teams local announcers?
I could see where that could get equally annoying for everyone outside of that home team fan base.
Boy ESPN is a mess.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 pm

That was an absolute shit show. Remember... CBS and FOX have to field numerous announcer teams every week. Even the worst CBS or FOX crew is a million times better than what we were subjected to last night on ESPN. You can't tell me that ESPN couldn't have found any team better than Beth Mowens and Rex Ryan. Hell... throw your best college crew out there... that would have been tolerable.

I would have turned that mess off if my FF win didn't depend on that game. It was awful!
After the Packers 30-17 loss to the Lions at Lambeau.

SB Nation‏Verified account @SBNation 20m20 minutes ago
It was the first time the Lions went a game without a punt since 1971.

Striker
Site Admin

Postby Striker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:35 pm

dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:
dsilby wrote:I mean, this might be some of the worst announcing I've ever heard in my entire life in any sport.

I turned on the game literally 30 seconds before his "report" and though it was a fan from the stands contest or something.

That said, I actually think the two announcing the game (whoever they were, never saw and don't care enough to look it up) were worse. How about next year for the second Monday night game we just go announcer free. Has to be better right?

It would be very "homer" and probably wouldn't work. But maybe using the home teams local announcers?
I could see where that could get equally annoying for everyone outside of that home team fan base.
Boy ESPN is a mess.

You could put me, Matt, and willie in the booth and you'd get better commentary.

willie key

Postby willie key » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:

Boy ESPN is a mess.

You could put me, Matt, and willie in the booth and you'd get better commentary.

Haha. They sure as hell would be bleeping a lot of stuff

I just can't believe you would have such an unprofessional set of announcers for a NFL game. But I guess this is the sport that had Phil Simms as their number one analyst for a decade

matt stairs

Postby matt stairs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 am

willie key wrote:
Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:

Boy ESPN is a mess.

Haha. They sure as hell would be bleeping a lot of stuff

I just can't believe you would have such an unprofessional set of announcers for a NFL game. But I guess this is the sport that had Phil Simms as their number one analyst for a decade

Phill Simms looked like a number one compared to that telecast, and I am not even sure Simms watched the games he was announcing.

matt stairs

Postby matt stairs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 am

Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:

Boy ESPN is a mess.

Very confident we would be better, and more entertaining, than whatever the hell that was.

dsilby

Postby dsilby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:12 pm

matt stairs wrote:
Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
yourout wrote:

Boy ESPN is a mess.

Very confident we would be better, and more entertaining, than whatever the hell that was.

You guys have it all wrong. You want entertainment. You put Al, Brauny, SID and myself in the booth. Then just sit back and listen.

matt stairs

Postby matt stairs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 pm

dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:You CAN NOT make this up, holy hell is right.

Boy ESPN is a mess.

You guys have it all wrong. You want entertainment. You put Al, Brauny, SID and myself in the booth. Then just sit back and listen.

That sounds more like a "pardon the interruption" type show in waiting, you guys wouldn't need to discuss a game as much as roster construction/off season plans/game tactics after the game.

dsilby

Postby dsilby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 pm

matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:

Boy ESPN is a mess.

That sounds more like a "pardon the interruption" type show in waiting, you guys wouldn't need to discuss a game as much as roster construction/off season plans/game tactics after the game.

All joking aside.
I pitched a show a while back that had "fans", (aka forum know it all's) that would go up against real team owners and real team negotiators, etc.. A round table chat type situation.

tar

Postby tar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
Striker wrote:
dsilby wrote:It would be very "homer" and probably wouldn't work. But maybe using the home teams local announcers?
Boy ESPN is a mess.

All joking aside.
I pitched a show a while back that had "fans", (aka forum know it all's) that would go up against real team owners and real team negotiators, etc.. A round table chat type situation.

and how did that go for you ? :)
i am POSITIVE there are no know-it-alls around here
"He's got to be stopped, and I've got to stop him"

dsilby

Postby dsilby » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 pm

tar wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
dsilby wrote:
matt stairs wrote:
Striker wrote:

All joking aside.

and how did that go for you ? :)
i am POSITIVE there are no know-it-alls around here

Funny enough, it got traction for a while from networks, they loved it.
But we had a hard time finding owners to put themselves in that vulnerable of a position to look like possible fools. Nothing was it in for them.

willie key

Postby willie key » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Already missing both of our tackles in game two. Packer football

Hundley better be ready to play at some point

dsilby

Postby dsilby » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 pm

willie key wrote:Already missing both of our tackles in game two. Packer football

Wait what? Now Bakhtiari is out?

willie key

Postby willie key » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:22 pm

dsilby wrote:
willie key wrote:Already missing both of our tackles in game two. Packer football

Wait what? Now Bakhtiari is out?

I don't know for sure but espn hint at it

Return to “Packers and NFL Discussion”