BUCKY BASKETBALL

stix

Re: BUCKY BASKETBALL

Postby stix » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:59 pm

willie key wrote:Winners. They might not be the best players in Badgers history. But they win. Much else couldn't have gone wrong that game

Vitto fucking brown. Holy crap what a game

Wisblue. Come on now

I know I complain a lot.

But this team has stones. The most mentally tough team in Wisconsin sports history, meaning the last 4 years. Seriously. They NEVER get rattled.

Down 7, Nova all the momentum, they looked like it was 0-0. I can't imagine anyone wants to play them.

BrewCrew82

Postby BrewCrew82 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Nigel Hayes looked like the Nigel Hayes from two years ago today. He is a completely different player when he stays down low and doesn't shoot a bunch of jumpers.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:14 pm

We all complain. But any doubts you have on why these players win games is answered today. There couldn't have been much more to go wrong

Trice was the only guy with a bad game. But luckily he gets another chance

Hayes is a smart player. It's weird. He's not an all time great player on terms of talent, etc. but has to be considered an all time great.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Madison square garden??? Ugh. We suck there

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:16 pm

One of the worst seeds in NCAA tourney history. Villanova got screwed

BrewCrew82

Postby BrewCrew82 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:26 pm

willie key wrote:We all complain. But any doubts you have on why these players win games is answered today. There couldn't have been much more to go wrong

Trice was the only guy with a bad game. But luckily he gets another chance

Hayes is a smart player. It's weird. He's not an all time great player on terms of talent, etc. but has to be considered an all time great.

I am not sure I would go that far. He has been good overall but he is an extremely streaky player. He was a god awful 9-39 in the tournament last year. His free throw shooting could have cost them the game today as well. He is weird in a sense that he hasn't really improved at anything since his sophomore year.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Yeah. It's hard for me to explain. He's not an all time great as far as boxscore, stats, etc

He's a glue guy. He was an integral part of those great teams two years ago. Don't kid yourself. He just does things to win.

It's hard to explain. Koenig is a player too. Those two make plays when the game matters

BrewCrew82

Postby BrewCrew82 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

willie key wrote:Yeah. It's hard for me to explain. He's not an all time great as far as boxscore, stats, etc

He's a glue guy. He was an integral part of those great teams two years ago. Don't kid yourself. He just does things to win.

It's hard to explain. Koenig is a player too. Those two make plays when the game matters

That is really how the Badgers have always been AS a team. They don't have the talent that other teams do but they always play as a team and more often then not get the other team to play their style of game.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:23 pm

wisblue wrote:
stix wrote:
wisblue wrote:
stix wrote:This officiating is a fucking total disgrace.

You're absolutely right. They let Happ get away with walks and Hayes hooks and pushes every time he gets the ball. And then they buy that flop at the end of the half.

Jenkins has been awful the last few games and he's continuing today.

That bet of Wisconsin plus six was a lead pipe cinch.

Bitter much?

Yes, I am sick of all the Badger fans I live around whining and crying about how the Badgers never get any calls when their choir boys get away with as much as or more than anyone else.

Says the guy who cheers for the school who may have the most whiny football coach in the history of the game.
After the Packers 30-17 loss to the Lions at Lambeau.

SB Nation‏Verified account @SBNation 20m20 minutes ago
It was the first time the Lions went a game without a punt since 1971.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Great game. Saw the 1st half and skied during the 2nd half. Phone blew up with texts when they won.

Just completely unexpected. Koenig does not want his college career to end. FL or VA. Hmmmm. A game against VA might end with the winner in the 40s.

wisblue

Postby wisblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:50 pm

CaliBrewCrewFan wrote:
wisblue wrote:
stix wrote:
wisblue wrote:

You're absolutely right. They let Happ get away with walks and Hayes hooks and pushes every time he gets the ball. And then they buy that flop at the end of the half.

Bitter much?

Yes, I am sick of all the Badger fans I live around whining and crying about how the Badgers never get any calls when their choir boys get away with as much as or more than anyone else.

Says the guy who cheers for the school who may have the most whiny football coach in the history of the game.

If I had to live around Michigan football fans all the time I probably wouldn't like them either. But, I don't.

It also bugs me that people around here pissed and moaned about the Badgers all year but were too stupid to realize that a team with that much tournament experience was going to be tough to beat in the NCAA. The 21-23 year olds who have played that many tournament games have a big advantage over the 18-19 year olds who may have more raw talent but haven't been there before.

Wisconsin-Villanova was not the typical 2nd round matchup and the 6 point spread was ridiculous to anyone who knows the two teams and realizes that the "defending national champions" lost quite a bit from that team (Ochefu, Arcidiacano, and Booth, who was out with an injury all year).

stix

Postby stix » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Wisblue, you a Michigan hoops fan, too?

Not being a dick, honestly curious. I normally hate Michigan teams, but I gotta say these guys are fun to watch.

Wagner reminds me of Kaminsky during his junior year when he really turned into a matchup nightmare.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:24 pm

wisblue wrote:
CaliBrewCrewFan wrote:
wisblue wrote:
stix wrote:
wisblue wrote:

Bitter much?

If I had to live around Michigan football fans all the time I probably wouldn't like them either. But, I don't.

It also bugs me that people around here pissed and moaned about the Badgers all year but were too stupid to realize that a team with that much tournament experience was going to be tough to beat in the NCAA. The 21-23 year olds who have played that many tournament games have a big advantage over the 18-19 year olds who may have more raw talent but haven't been there before.

Wisconsin-Villanova was not the typical 2nd round matchup and the 6 point spread was ridiculous to anyone who knows the two teams and realizes that the "defending national champions" lost quite a bit from that team (Ochefu, Arcidiacano, and Booth, who was out with an injury all year).

Congrats to the Wolverines.

I think it was pretty apparent going into the NCAAs which B1G teams had a chance at the Sweet 16... and all 3 of them made it. That's a tough Louisville team. ACC down to 2 teams... Duke and UNC.

I guess living out west... I don't get to see the "living in someone else's territory". The worst was when the 9ers were going through their run and made the playoffs. College-wise... there really isn't any rabid fanbase. Cal? They are used to losing. Stanford? Too polite... lots of disinterest even though they have had a successful football team.

Good luck in the Sweet 16. Quite a finish to the season for them.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

The acc with one of the worst performances ever. Ever. Nine teams in the tournament. I can't count how many were in the top 4-5 seeds. And one team to sweet 16. And that team was a one seed who barely won

Has to be the worst performance ever

stix

Postby stix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Bye-bye, Badgers.

Had their chance to open it up big and ruined it with turnovers and missed FTs.

Typical.

stix

Postby stix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Fucking turnovers.

Absolutely ridiculous.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Vitto Brown. Effing idiot.

If you are Florida... you wonder... how in the hell are we up.

If you are Wisconsin... you wonder... how in the hell are we trailing.

All momentum with the Gators.

stix

Postby stix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:04 pm

That was the worst 5 minutes of basketball UW has EVER played. EVER.

That was shit for brains embarrassment.

stix

Postby stix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 pm

CaliBrewCrewFan wrote:Vitto Brown. Effing idiot.

If you are Florida... you wonder... how in the hell are we up.

If you are Wisconsin... you wonder... how in the hell are we trailing.

All momentum with the Gators.

It's over.

For Florida to play that poorly and be up 2....goodnight Badgers.

yourout

Postby yourout » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 pm

3 combined points from the guards.
Can not win if that continues.

Return to “College Sports and Other”