CAN OUR F TROOP OFFENSE BEAT THE HEKAWI TRIBE?

KegMan

CAN OUR F TROOP OFFENSE BEAT THE HEKAWI TRIBE?

Postby KegMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:16 pm

This is a huge one. We should win and win easily, but holy cow, our offense looks like its run by Sergeant O'Rourke and Corporal Agarn. Will it be enough to beat the Hekawis? Damn I hope so.

And, it would be nice to see Nebraska right itself and run a little combine over the Gophers.
Our ancestors scratched and crawled their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there!

wisblue

Re: CAN OUR F TROOP OFFENSE BEAT THE HEKAWI TRIBE?

Postby wisblue » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Looks like it will be Badgers vs Penn State in the B10 title game.

Kind of a mixed blessing for UW. They should handle PSU easily and win the B10 title. But, they won't get the boost they would have gotten from beating one loss OSU or unbeaten Michigan.

With the other losses yesterday, they will be thrown into the mix for the playoff with some one loss teams that might include Clemson, Louisville, Washington, or some other one loss conference champions.

At this point, Alabama and OSU look like locks for the playoff. The other 2 spots will be up for grabs. Michigan was exposed as being good enough to run up gaudy stats against bad teams, but not tough or talented enough to beat even decent teams on the road. That is probably still 2 or 3 years away.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:53 pm

wisblue wrote:Looks like it will be Badgers vs Penn State in the B10 title game.

Which also kills the Badgers' (admittedly outside) chances at the CFP.

Needed to beat OSU or Mich in B10 title game to be considered. A win over PSU won't do it.

Michigan will make the playoff so long as they beat OSU and win the B10 title game, no easy chore of course.

Really, with all the upsets, this may not affect Michigan at all. They already needed to beat OSU and win the B10 title game to get into the CFP. That probably doesn't change.

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 am

Off the ledge Wisblue, Big Blue will bounce back. They need to beat Indiana - not as easy as it used to be, and then beat That Ohio State.

Wisconsin, needs to keep it up against Purdue and then win its rivalry game against MN. We've won the Axe 12 years in a row. Something's got to give.

It's a tough road for both Bucky and Blue, but they can get to the big game.
Our ancestors scratched and crawled their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there!

wisblue

Postby wisblue » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:14 pm

No reason to think Michigan can compete any better with Ohio State than they did last year. May be breaking in a new QB if Speight has a separated shoulder.

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I didn't know Speight got hurt.

I was so happy that Bucky completed a pass, I got the Margarator going - Strawberry daquiris, I hate Tequila, makes a gallon - so i wasn't paying attention to Big Blue

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Just heard about Speight. Sorry Wisblue

Return to “College Sports and Other”