The Badgers Year?

stix

Re: The Badgers Year?

Postby stix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Just sick of these damn killer o line penalties, too.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Other than the clip that negated a TD... good bounce back to get the score.
After the Packers 30-17 loss to the Lions at Lambeau.

SB Nation‏Verified account @SBNation 20m20 minutes ago
It was the first time the Lions went a game without a punt since 1971.

wisblue

Postby wisblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 pm

I assume that this will be like 2012 when the Badgers had no competition for their division title because OSU and PSU were ineligible. That year they even sacrificed some games they didn’t have to win so they could ambush their opponent in the B10 title game. This year they can still win every game easily even with shoddy play while they get themselves ready to play (probably) Ohio State for a berth in the playoff.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 pm

It's 21-3, but they continue to just make ghastly offensive mistakes.

That whole possession after the fumble was miserable.

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

We just don't put anybody away
Our ancestors scratched and crawled their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there!

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 pm

No 11 is having an all-time dreadful performance.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:40 pm

KegMan wrote:We just don't put anybody away

It's infuriating.

They make so many self-inflicted mistakes.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Every fucking drive is killed with penalties.

This team is not much better than average.

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Breathing room
Our ancestors scratched and crawled their way to the top of the food chain, Keg Gym will keep you there!

KegMan

Postby KegMan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 pm

W is a W

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 pm

wisblue wrote:I assume that this will be like 2012 when the Badgers had no competition for their division title because OSU and PSU were ineligible. That year they even sacrificed some games they didn’t have to win so they could ambush their opponent in the B10 title game. This year they can still win every game easily even with shoddy play while they get themselves ready to play (probably) Ohio State for a berth in the playoff.

I was thinking this same thing. They are basically three games up in the division and really don’t need to put anything on tape. The only thing is there is this playoff carrot if they go undefeated. But I don’t think that will happen

They look so sloppy on offense sometimes. It’s frustrsting

But this is an all time bad schedule. Probably the worst ever for power conference top 5 team. It’s kind of embarassing

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm

willie key wrote:
wisblue wrote:I assume that this will be like 2012 when the Badgers had no competition for their division title because OSU and PSU were ineligible. That year they even sacrificed some games they didn’t have to win so they could ambush their opponent in the B10 title game. This year they can still win every game easily even with shoddy play while they get themselves ready to play (probably) Ohio State for a berth in the playoff.

I was thinking this same thing. They are basically three games up in the division and really don’t need to put anything on tape. The only thing is there is this playoff carrot if they go undefeated. But I don’t think that will happen

But this is an all time bad schedule. Probably the worst ever for power conference top 5 team. It’s kind of embarassing

I'd say the Badgers crapola schedule is up there with Washington's crapola schedule. But at least Washington's schedule will improve a bit with Stanford and Washington State. It's unfortunate BYU was such a dud this year. That was suppose to be the decent team on the non-conference schedule this year... and they are horrendous.

I also continue to hate the B1G for adding Rutgers and Maryland. Two bottom feeders that have added nothing to the conference. The Badgers would have had the Spartans... Nittany Lions... or Buckeyes on the schedule if those two didn't exist.

And when the hell will one of these teams in the West improve. Purdue might... they area showing a little hope. Illinois is a train wreck (bye bye Lovie). Iowa... they are happy with what they are getting from Ferentz... 8-4 or 7-5 and a bowl game. Nebraska... what the hell happened to them since joining the B1G. At least Pelini was a decent coach. Riley has just destroyed the program. Northwestern is always going to be Northwestern. Minnesota... row the sinking boat.

This feels like the B1G championship game is going to be like the 2014 season... Ohio State 59... Badgers 0. They are going to get pummeled by Penn State or Ohio State. The Badgers just don't pass the "eye test". As willie said. Sloppy. Penalties... turnovers... poor offense at times.

wisblue

Postby wisblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:50 pm

willie key wrote:

I just don’t see who is going to even give the Badgers a game until the B10 title game. Their 5 remaining opponents are a combined 4-16 in conference play, and 3 of the 4 wins are against teams from that same sad group.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:01 pm

CaliBrewCrewFan wrote:
willie key wrote:

I'd say the Badgers crapola schedule is up there with Washington's crapola schedule. But at least Washington's schedule will improve a bit with Stanford and Washington State. It's unfortunate BYU was such a dud this year. That was suppose to be the decent team on the non-conference schedule this year... and they are horrendous.

I also continue to hate the B1G for adding Rutgers and Maryland. Two bottom feeders that have added nothing to the conference. The Badgers would have had the Spartans... Nittany Lions... or Buckeyes on the schedule if those two didn't exist.

And when the hell will one of these teams in the West improve. Purdue might... they area showing a little hope. Illinois is a train wreck (bye bye Lovie). Iowa... they are happy with what they are getting from Ferentz... 8-4 or 7-5 and a bowl game. Nebraska... what the hell happened to them since joining the B1G. At least Pelini was a decent coach. Riley has just destroyed the program. Northwestern is always going to be Northwestern. Minnesota... row the sinking boat.

This feels like the B1G championship game is going to be like the 2014 season... Ohio State 59... Badgers 0. They are going to get pummeled by Penn State or Ohio State. The Badgers just don't pass the "eye test". As willie said. Sloppy. Penalties... turnovers... poor offense at times.

I wouldn’t compare anything with that 59a-0 loss. That was Gary Anderson at the height of his bringing a program into the gutter powers. Badgers will compete in the title game imo

Unless all the middle linebackers get hurt. If Orr is down we can’t take another injury there

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

willie key wrote:
CaliBrewCrewFan wrote:
willie key wrote:

I wouldn’t compare anything with that 59a-0 loss. That was Gary Anderson at the height of his being a program into the gutter powers. Badgers will compete in the title game imo

Unless all the middle linebackers get hurt. If Orr is down we can’t take another injury there

Ok... maybe not 59-0... but I won't have any expectations for that game. It's hard to judge a team when you don't play ANYBODY. Maybe the Michigan game will tell us something. But they will have not been tested by the likes of an Ohio State or Penn State at all. And they really haven't looked like world beaters against teams like Purdue and Maryland. I don't think they've played one complete game yet. Maybe BYU... but like I said... they are god awful.

I am really looking forward to the Ohio State - Penn State game next week. That one is going to be epic... and for all the marbles.

willie key

Postby willie key » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:11 pm

That’s the story of the 2017 Badgers. Who freaking knows what this team is? Michigan is the only decent team they will play. And they are struggling too. And it’s at home.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:51 am

And Hornibrook strikes again.

Where have we heard this before?

The first team that can stop the run beats the Badgers. #5... puhhhhhhllllllllease.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 pm

The Badgers have the easiest schedule in the history of college football.

CaliBrewCrewFan

Postby CaliBrewCrewFan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:02 pm

stix wrote:The Badgers have the easiest schedule in the history of college football.

And yet its still only 7-0 a quarter and a half into the game.

stix

Postby stix » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Alvarez's grandkid is a scrub.

Return to “College Sports and Other”