From Tom Haudricourt at JSOnline:

Melvin just told me that he reached down to pick up what he thought was a harmless bug with a Kleenex but it turned out to be an Arizona bark scorpion. Melvin was stung on the middle finger of his left hand and when he started experiencing numbness going up his arm, he Googled scorpion stings and decided he better go to a hospital.

“I spent three hours in an emergency room in Scottsdale,” Melvin said Thursday morning at the Brewers’ Maryvale training complex. “My arm is still totally numb.

Note to self: Never live in Arizona. My only  other comment РDoug Melvin saw this thing on the ground and reached down to pick it up with a tissue:

LasVegasScorpionControl

Kudos to him. I would have run screaming in the other direction like a little girl. If I see a centipede in my room I can’t sleep there for the night.

Photo credit: By Pestsites (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons